Friday, June 1, 2012

1 year

It was today--a full year ago. June 1st, 2011. The post (my very first blog post) from that day is here.

It was today then that I finally got answers. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome one year ago today. I've learned so much about PCOS and have reached out nation-wide. I have crossed paths with some of the most amazing women who also suffer from PCOS just as I do. I have worked with 3 other amazing women to start a non-profit to raise awareness for this very syndrome. I still read, research, and learn new things on a daily basis. I still want the world to hear what not only I'm going through, but what 1 in 10 women worldwide go through. I don't want to hide, I want to stand up and speak for me, for you.

I'm pretty sure I've had PCOS since hitting puberty--but I feel the true on-set was about 7 years ago when my acne, facial hair and weight gain got out of control. Ups and downs, and then constant Ups since 2008. I hope to gain better control of my PCOS, to still lose weight. I hoope to some day fully ovulate EVERY cycle on my own...and of course soon, I pray to the Lord that my body can sustain a pregnancy, some day when He sees fit. When it is right.

I vow to myself to never stop learning about PCOS. I promise to myself to treat myself better and love myself THROUGH PCOS. I vow to reach out as far as I can to other sufferers worldwide. I promise to listen, and to share. I promise I'll always remember this journey. I vow I'll never give up on myself or my body. I promise I will love myself with PCOS for the rest of my life--through the storms and through the fire, I'll never give up on ME or You.


1 comment:

  1. Amy I understand, it was SUCH a SHOCKER when I got told I had PCOS. Keep counting your calories, focus on getting healthy, and just have faith that the rest will eventually fall into place. I am proud of you for stepping out and beginning 1in10 people need to be more educated on pcos because it is so ridiculously common. <3

    ReplyDelete

Cycle Ticker!