Sunday, January 13, 2013

More good news!

This week was wonderful and stressful all at the same time!

Of course I started my new job which has been amazing and EXHAUSTING...but also on Thursday, we were given the wonderful gift of full weekend custody of my husband's son. This was just amazing news to us! So all in one week I went from a stay at home wife with no real schedule to a full time employee M-F and a full time mommy on the weekends! Let's just say I've never been so tired before 8pm in my life!

Friday night was DS's first time sleeping in our home and it was such a neat experience! (he has been staying nights at DH's mother's house when in town but spending the day time with us) We picked him up and ran straight to the store. We bought new sheets for his bed, new pj's, toothbrush, stuffed animal to sleep with, toys, movies, etc. It was so exciting and amazing. After we bathed him and put him to bed, DH and I stood there watching him sleep and DH had tears running down his face. I am so in love with him. He feels so blessed and happy. It feels so wonderful being even just "weekend FULL TIME parents." We are getting in the groove and am sure we will have this down pat very soon. I've created a chore/behavior chart that DS seems very excited to start! (he has autism spectrum disorder) He's been so good and enjoyable to be around!

Watching DH put his child to bed, or bathing him together, and having a six year old crawl into bed with us early in the morning feels joyful, and amazing. I know when we get back into TTC and if, we ever are successful: DH and I will be ready. He is such an amazing parent. We make a great team!!!! 

I'm sill in awe and amazed at how quickly life has changed and how wonderful it is. I had a long, hard, sad upbringing and early adult life. This surely is heaven on earth! I cannot wait until the day we are ready to try to add to our family. I am so excited for the future, and I'm definitely FULL OF HOPE!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. It sounds like 2013 is your lucky year so far, hope things keep going in the right direction for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post Amy...great news all around! =0) Happy for your and your Hubby too! oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie what email can I send you an email to?

    ReplyDelete

Cycle Ticker!