Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tell Me About Yourself award...


Thank you to Lady Bug at my journey to conception for passing this on to me you're such a great support! I'm finally getting around to posting this!!!

  • Thank the person who passed the award on to you.
  • List 7 things that people may not know about you.
  • Pass the award on to 15 other bloggers
This is not going to be easy--racking my brain about interesting facts about myself!!! Ummm....
  1. I am very much terrified of city buses. I can not get past my fear of riding one, therefore I never put myself in a situation where I'd have to ride one. I'd rather walk ten miles than ride one. I don't understand my fear but it is absolutely scary to me!
  2. There is only one position I can fall asleep in, and It's been that way since I was a small child!
  3. I don't think most of you know that I am hard-of-hearing, fluent in ASL and grew up going to a deaf school for 9 years and most of my friends growing up were deaf. I can speak just fine (11 years of speech therapy) and I don't wear hearing aids anymore--just miss half of movies if there are no captions, and I can't understand accents very well but I can read lips very well!!!
  4. I auditioned for Beverly Hills 90210 when I was 10 years old, along with a few of my friends. A friend got the part--and he did so well! It was for a season, and the role was a deaf child. I will never forget the experience--it was so very memorable!!!! 
  5. My eldest brother served 3 tours overseas with the Army. I wish he would have never joined because he is not the same person at all, quite judgmental and very angry and I'm sure has severe PTSD who does not believe in God anymore. I miss who he was almost every day and constantly have dreams of when we were younger. I pray daily that his heart will open again and I have always had a strong desire to be close to him.
  6. I still talk to my Grandpa who is in heaven very often. He passed away 12 years ago, while we were visiting him for the summer. I do believe if he was still alive--he'd be the only person on my mother's side of the family, besides my auntie whom I recently got into contact with, who would truly understand me--know the things I've gone through, and the choices I've made. I miss going in the garden with him and how he'd sing "Here comes Miss America" Every time I would walk into the room.
  7. My husband says the second he fell in love with me was at an In-N-Out Burgers when we were dating, he was watching me eat my fries and loved the way I chewed them (odd, I know!) He said he went home and couldn't get me out of his head and literally had his heart racing. That night he wrote me a long letter (Which I still have) promising to protect me forever, love me always and explaining that he can't help what he's feeling and how hard he's falling for me. I remember reading it and crying--I knew then that life would be okay. We were both recovering from separations/divorces and had told each other from the beginning we didn't want anything serious, and fought our feelings for a few months before giving in and just allowing ourselves to fall madly in love, we couldn't stop it!!
I'm going to pass this on to some amazing bloggers!

I know that is more than 15, but I'm so grateful to be able to follow so many journeys and that you all are comfortable enough to share your sorrows and accomplishments with me--and I hope I can support you all as much as you have supported me!

4 comments:

  1. I love this post, I didn't know any of those things about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have a bump but it is not as big as I thought it would be right now. Which is fine but I'm sure it will catch up eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love the last one. I think every woman wishes for a story like that. Thanks for the tag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Amy those are some interesting things :) Of course I already knew about the deaf part, we were classmates after all. But the other things you listed I did not know about you at all!

    ReplyDelete

Cycle Ticker!