Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 20

Day 20 - Discuss how you found your way into the ALI community, and what being part of it has meant to you – good and bad.




First of all I had to google ALI--which means "Adoption, Loss, Infertility"
I obviously still have a lot to learn!


Well, quite frankly, I did not know I was a part of this group for years. In June, when I was finally diagnosed with PCOS and made it to an infertility doctor, I knew then that I was a part of this community. I came home, sat down and Google became my best friend. I joined forums. Learned that there were blogs out there with women going through exactly what I am. There were even groups on Facebook. There were city meet ups. There were books. It was everywhere, but I had no idea before the day my diagnosis was told to me. I wish I would have found out years ago, but God's timing has a purpose. I read one blog and decided I wanted to do this. I wanted to document this journey, no matter how long it took. I knew that I wanted to make a difference. I knew that this topic was too quiet. I wish there was more support and knowledge out there. This is why I am so proud to be a part of a movement in the beginning. A non-profit organization to provide support, knowledge and love. I am so proud of where I've come from since that day back in June. Eventhough I knew for years that "something" was wrong...I am sure I wasn't prepared spiritually to go through this, and I would have never met the amazing women that I have met these past few months. I can say as hard as it may be, I am proud to announce I have PCOS and will never give up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cycle Ticker!