Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Valentine's Day:


noun
February 14, observed in honor of St. Valentine as a day for the exchange of 
valentines and other tokens of affection.


This is the 5th Valentine's day that I have had the amazing opportunity to spend with Robert. For the past 4 years, we have taken mini getaway vacations that I have been surprised with. This year, circumstances are different, so we decided to save our money and spend it at home. Our home! We had a great and relaxing day. Slept in, lounged on the couch. Laughed. Cooked dinner together (Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops--my specialty, homemade garlic mashed potatoes with homemade gravy, steamed broccoli and carrots and we cracked open a very special bottle of wine from our honeymoon--just 1 glass for me!) We had red velvet cake for dessert and again lounged. Poor DH hurt his ankle pretty bad a few days ago, and finally listened to me and let me wrap it after watching him limp pretty bad. Glad he is getting some relief! I am actually not as sad as I thought to break our tradition of our surprise getaways. I really enjoyed saving the money, and spending time at home with DH and our puppy. My love got me my first pair of Toms and some beautiful roses and such a cute pop-up card! He had no where to write on the card, so he just wrote on the envelope! Such a cutie. I got him some cute boxers, some sour candies (his favorite) and the new Toby Keith cd. When we were first dating, I swear I would buy him a new CD every week! It was so funny, we spent most of our dates picking out new CD's... we don't do that much anymore, as we have itunes and ipods... but I thought it would be a cute idea to remember those dating years!!! 

I'd love to hear about YOUR Valentines Day with your loves. Comment Below!!!!


Here are some pictures of my day:

Roses, Toms and Card from the hubs.

My gifts to him!

Yummy dinner at home!!!

Dessert!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! By the way, I even woke up singing "Red Solo Cup" this morning. That song!!! Once it's in your head, there's no getting it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thansk for stopping by my blog. Gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Cycle Ticker!