Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011 Progesterone Results


I woke up and immediately called the doctor this morning. I was told the doctor hasn't reviewed my blood work yet and someone would call me when he has. I got a phone call and the nurse said "Ok the doctor says your blood work shows that you definitely did ovulate." I said "ok can you tell me the number please??" She sighed and was like "Let me see if I can read this..." "14.5.. ok? bye." and hung up! I was like what?

I got out of bed, wheeled my way into the living room and got on the computer onto some of the facebook pages for fertility and posted a question about this number...and was advised by some really nice strangers to call my doctor back and ask him some further questions and find out what my next step is. I did just this.
Of course they said ok so I will leave a message with the doctor and call you back when he responds.

MORE WAITING.....

When the SAME nurse called back she read his letter to me word for word and basically said that I need to call if my period has come and order in more Clomid, if it hasn't come in a week keep taking HPT until it comes up positive or AF shows up. I asked her if she knew anything about the numbers on progesterone levels and she replied no, not at all.. So all I know is that I did ovulate.

For some reason this still made me very emotional. I sat here on the couch and just cried. Poor DH was trying to comfort me, but I just felt that a 14.5 was too low. Then I looked at my chart and dissected it day by day... and googled away....
I realized that most CD 21 progesterone tests are taken at 7 dpo and mine was done on either 5 or 6 dpo.... so the number might have been low because it wasn't at the progesterone peak yet. DH went to the store and bought 5 tests....

Yup, I decided to test every other day until AF is past due. Of course today's was negative... still early. I just knew I couldn't wait... POAS addict? Maybe.

As far as symptoms go:
Last night tons of cramping and sharp pains, major hunger pangs today, nips a bit sore, crying a lot--even while watching "Cake Boss" NUTS! and the extreme exhaustion showed up again today... all I want to do is sleep--but I don't sleep well at night, so I don't know! Sooo wishing I could see into the future, that would be amazing!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cycle Ticker!